Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The GAME plan

Have you ever heard of the GAME plan in education? Me either, until my recent Masters class. The GAME plan stands for creating G-goals, A-actions for achieving those goals, M-monitoring your progress, and E-evaluating or extending your learning (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009). So in order to be able to use this strategy with my students, it is necessary for me to experience and practice using the GAME plan myself. I have decided to create a GAME plan using two Technology standards from the "ISTE NETS and Performance Indicators for Teachers (NETS•T)", which can be found here: http://www.iste.org/Libraries/PDFs/NETS_for_Teachers_2008_EN.sflb.ashx.

GAME Plan #1

Standard 2:
Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments

Indicator d:
Provide students with multiple and varied formative and summative assessments aligned with content and technology standards and use resulting data to inform learning and teaching

G-(goal):
I want to learn how to create more effective formative and summative assessments and use the data to inform my teaching.

A-(action):
1.  I will attend professional development on assessments that is being offered my county's Educational Service Center and watch professional development videos from PD360 (an online program our school offers to educators).
2.  I will research information on formative and summative assessments and how to create them effectively.
3.  I will work with my peers to create formative and summative assessments.

M-(monitor):
To monitor my progress, I will share my assessments, that I will have created, with my peers and administrator, to get their feedback.

E-(evaluate):
I will be able to evaluate my progress by using the data from the assessments, after they have been given to the students, to decide if they were effective assessments. I will also evaluate whether the assessment data has been able to help me plan where to go next in my lesson plans.

GAME Plan #2

Standard 5:
Engage in Professional Growth and Leadership

Indicator b:

Exhibit leadership by demonstrating a vision of technology infusion, participating in shared decision making and community
building, and developing the leadership and technology skills of others

G-(goal):
I want to become a leader of technology integration in my school district.

A-(action):
1.  I will join a technology committee (that has just been formed) at my school to get together to discuss technology issues and ideas.
2.  I will finish this Masters program with the knowledge needed to become a leader within my school.
3.  I will offer support to my colleagues and be a leader in integrating technology into the classroom.

M-(monitor):
I will monitor my progress by meeting with my technology coordinator and the technology committee to discuss my progress and get feedback. I will also document my uses of technology in the classroom and how the lessons went.

E-(evaluate):
 I will evaluate my progress by getting feedback from the students, my principal, technology coordinator, and technology committee about my lessons and use of technology within the classroom. I will extend my learning by continuing to search for other technological resources to use in my classroom and by collaborating with colleagues.

So wish me luck as I venture out on my journey for professional growth!

References:

Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A

standards-based approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth,

Cengage Learning.



Crystal Moyer










No comments:

Post a Comment